Welcome back to The Skipton Bid blog! As it’s been a while since we last posted, we thought we’d offer a quick reminder on who we are and what The Bid can do for your business. If you fall within the Business Improvement District, then you’ll be aware that you pay a levy. We want to ensure you get the best possible return and this is how we are working to achieve that…
- First and foremost our vision is that we continue to make Skipton:
- A vibrant, exciting and successful business community
- An attractive and safe destination for residents, clients, shoppers, staff and visitors
- A pleasant and welcoming place in which to conduct business
- Our objectives to achieve the vision:
- Promote Skipton as a high quality visitor destination
- Provide support and services to help businesses prosper
- Support and encourage Skipton to become a hive of cultural activities and festivals – adding to the overall experience of both visitors and residents alike
What support your business can expect:
One thing we’re really keen to encourage is the creative side of Skipton. Whether you’re a levy payer or not, if you have an idea or project that will benefit Skipton, then we want to hear about it. Skipton wouldn’t be the award-winning, friendly place it is without you (member or not), and we’re here to harness that.
We already have a large number of well-established events, but there is so much more we can do. For example, we supported the all-weather pitch at a sports club in Skipton as we felt having great sporting facilities would bring more people into the town. It would also be an added benefit to residents and workers. Here are some other examples of what we’re talking about Supported Projects.
We’re open to all ideas, so please don’t be afraid to contact us with your thoughts. However, there are certain criteria that need to be met but you can check that out here Apply For Funding. If you can say yes to all of these, then don’t hesitate to get in touch.
As an organisation we have also invested in a grant-finding system to help members source valuable funding to help them grow. We’ll be talking more about this in next month’s blog, so keep an eye out.
Who we are in a nutshell:
Skipton has been a Business Improvement District since 2009 under which members pay into a central pot which is used to deliver services and activities, to improve Skipton’s appeal to residents, visitors and investors. In turn this should bring more business into the town.
We have an e-newsletter so that you can keep track of all the new and exciting things happening with The Bid and the town. Sign up here – it will only take a second About Your BID.