From 4 January 2021, under the new lockdown measures, information is being released by the government on how to adapt over the coming months.
Businesses and venues which can remain open, following COVID-19 secure guidelines are:
- Businesses providing essential goods and services can stay open.
The full list of these businesses will be available on GOV.UK shortly but some businesses in the tourism, hospitality and leisure sector that can remain open include:
- Outdoor parts of botanical gardens and heritage sites for exercise
- Car parks, public toilets and motorway service areas
- Outdoor playgrounds
- Places of worship
- Essential retail such as food shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres and off-licences, market stalls selling essential retail
- Petrol stations, taxi and vehicle hire businesses
Weddings, civil partnership ceremonies and funerals are allowed with strict limits on attendance, and must only take place in COVID-19 secure venues or in public outdoor spaces unless in exceptional circumstances.
- Funerals can be attended by a maximum of 30 people.
- Linked religious, belief-based or commemorative events, such as stone settings and ash scatterings can also continue with up to 6 people in attendance.
- Weddings and civil partnership ceremonies must only take place with up to 6 people and in exceptional circumstances.
View the stay at home guidance for England.