As we emerge from Covid-19 Lockdown we will continue to work on developing a programme of quality events and festivals aimed at attracting visitors and residents into the BID area.
During the lockdown period from April – July 2020 we worked on developing the welcometoskipton.com website so that it is more user friendly across all devices and added information and categories for greater inclusion of more businesses.
Promoting an increased dispersion of our town’s visitors away from the High Street and exploring our independent shops, cafes and restaurants on the side streets, we have introduced three circular walk maps.
These maps have been produced in A2 boards and strategically placed on lamp posts on the high street to ensure high visibility. To download these maps, please click on the below links:
We continue to invest in promotional and marketing initiatives aimed at maintaining and enhancing Skipton’s position as a high quality tourist destination.
In Skipton BID’s Third Term 2019 – 2024 we will:
- Continue to develop Skipton’s Destination Management Branding
- Redevelop the Welcome to Skipton website as the key source of information for visitors
- Develop and enhance social media
- Promote the town regionally and nationally
- Investigate the promotion of Skipton to international markets
- Work with partner organisations to maintain and enhance the profile of the town